COVID-19 information for customers
COVID-19 and your travel insurance
Want to know more about COVID-19 and how it may affect your travel insurance coverage? Read Manulife's COVID-19 travel statement to learn more about:
- the impact of vaccination status
- emergency medical expense coverage
- when trip cancellation or trip interruption claims may be made
- coverages during quarantine
Looking for more information? Get your top questions about COVID-19 travel coverage, vaccine requirements, advisory changes, COVID-19 tests, and your health answered.
Get COVID-19 travel insurance
Our COVID-19 Pandemic Travel plan covers emergency medical expenses and provides trip interruption coverage for worldwide travel.
Top questions about COVID-19 and travel insurance
COVID-19 travel insurance provides coverage in the event you experience unexpected costs in relation to the Coronavirus.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Travel Insurance plan covers COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses, non COVID-19 related emergency medical benefits, and trip interruption coverage in the event you need to self-isolate or quarantine during your trip.
For fully vaccinated travellers:
If you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before the start of your trip, CoverMe Travel insurance plans that include Emergency Medical benefits will provide coverage for unforeseen medical emergencies related to COVID-19.
- Single-Trip and Multi-Trip Emergency Medical plans
- Single-Trip and Multi-Trip All-Inclusive plans
- Top Up plan
- TravelEase plan
- Students plan for Canadians studying abroad
- COVID-19 Pandemic Travel plan
At this time, booster shots are not required to be considered fully vaccinated.
Not fully vaccinated travellers or non-vaccinated travellers:
If you have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, our COVID-19 Pandemic Travel plan covers your COVID-19 related and non-related emergency medical costs, including trip interruption coverage.
Manulife still considers COVID-19 a Known Event, however you may qualify for a reimbursement of expenses under the Trip Cancellation plan if one of the following three events occurs:
- Your sickness (accompanied by a medical certificate) due to contracting COVID-19 that prevents you from travelling as planned.
- A positive COVID-19 test result (accompanied by a medical certificate) within 72 hours before your departure from home, which prevents you from travelling as planned.
- Your job loss as a result of the pandemic impact at your place of employment.