Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Travel Insurance Plan
Save yourself the hassle of arranging travel insurance every time you book a trip. With a CoverMe® Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Plan, you can protect an unlimited number of trips anywhere in the world with up to $10 million in emergency medical benefits.
Cover trips of 4, 10, 18, 30 or 60 days – and top up for a longer trip if needed.
- Up to $10 million in emergency medical benefits
- Coverage outside of Canada and within Canada
- Trip duration options of 4, 10, 18, 30, and 60 days
- No limits on trip duration when travelling in Canada
- Canadian resident
- Covered by a Canadian provincial or territorial health insurance plan
- No medical questions (under age 60)
- Click "View More" to see what conditions make you ineligible for coverage.
Ways to save
- Family coverage – save when two or three generations (under age 60) travel together
- Travel companion – save 5%
- Deductible higher than $0 – save 10% with a $500 deductible, 15% with a $1,000 deductible, 30% with a $5,000 deductible, and 35% with a $10,000 deductible
- Hospital and physician services
- Emergency medical return home
- Extra meal, hotel, child care and phone call costs
- Waived pre-existing medical condition exclusion when travelling in Canada
- Exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions vary by age and rate category. Click "View More" for more details
Carry your policy everywhere you travel
Keep your policy and wallet card safe, and take them with you everywhere you go on your trip. Your wallet card has contact information for our Assistance Centre, available 24/7, if you need to access your benefits while you're away. In addition, get the TravelAid mobile app, which can provide directions to the nearest medical facility and local emergency telephone numbers.
You must contact the Assistance Centre before you receive any treatment while on your trip. If you don't, you will have to pay 25% of the medical expenses that would normally be covered under this policy, and some benefits may be limited or not covered.
These plans may also work well for you
Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plan
Get the same emergency medical benefits plus:
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption
- Baggage loss, damage or delay
- Flight accident and travel accident insurance
Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan
Get the same emergency medical benefits for one trip instead of year-round coverage.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Plan
Add protection in case you have to cancel or interrupt your trip for medical or other reasons.
Top 5 questions about travel insurance
When you travel outside your home province or territory, even if you're still in Canada, there are limits on how much your government health insurance plan will pay. Costs that may not be covered include air and ground ambulance, emergency dental treatment and prescription drug expenses. Travel insurance can help with these costs, so it makes sense to have it whether you're visiting another part of Canada or another part of the world.
We can top up travel insurance offered by another insurer, adding extra days to your current coverage. You are responsible for ensuring that your current coverage is in force and allows top-ups. Your top-up coverage is subject to CoverMe® Travel Insurance's terms and conditions.
For single-trip plans, you can add extra days of coverage while you're travelling provided that there has been:
- No event that has resulted or may result in a claim against the policy, and
- No change in your health status
You must call 1-800-268-3763 before your coverage expires and pay the appropriate premium.
For multi-trip plans, it's best to add extra days of coverage before you leave home. Simply get a top-up up to the maximum allowed by your government health insurance plan. If you need to add extra days of coverage while you're travelling, call 1-800-268-3763 and we will do our best to help you.
Emergency medical insurance plans may be purchased 180 days prior to your departure date. Plans containing any other type of insurance may be purchased up to 3 years prior to departure.
All our travel insurance plans for travelling Canadians start with a $0 deductible. You can save money with a higher deductible on our Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan and Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Plan (these deductibles apply only to emergency medical coverage. COVID-19 Pandemic Travel plan not included):
- $500 deductible – save 10%
- $1,000 deductible – save 15%
- $5,000 deductible – save 30%
- $10,000 deductible – save 35%
Travel insurance for pre‐existing medical conditions
Defining pre‐existing conditions and how travel is still possible. Explore now
What is trip cancellation and interruption insurance?
We explain the difference between them and why you should consider it. Read more